Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
On November 7, 2023, residents of Douglas and Broxton will go to polls to vote in the municipal elections. Early voting for the election begins on Monday, October 16.
In Douglas, the only elected seat that has opposition is the commission seat for Ward 3. The candidates for Ward 3 Commissioner are Gregory Batts and Tony Paulk II. Ward 2 Commissioner Kentaiwon Durham, Ward 6 Commissioner Steve Bailey, and Mayor Tony Paulk are unopposed in the upcoming municipal election.
In Broxton, incumbent Mayor Jimmy Littleton will have opposition from current council member and mayor pro-tem Carlos Wilkerson. Five individuals, three of whom are incumbents, qualified for the four council seats. Incumbents Ruth Christian, Helen Jones, and Bill Whiddon qualified to seek another term. Challengers Wanda Kirschbaum and Gregory Zachary also qualified. The top four candidates will take their seats on the city council. The council member who receives the most votes will be mayor pro-tem.
Early voting continues daily from 8AM-5PM, (Monday – Friday) until November 3, 2023. There will be two Saturday early voting dates are October 21, 2023 and October 28, 2023 from 8AM-5PM. All early voting will take place at Central Square Complex Dogwood Rooms located at 200 S. Madison Avenue.
For voting information, please contact the Elections Office at (912) 384-7018.
- Attorney Clint Lott announces candidacy for State Court Judge
- Domestic dispute leads to serious injuries, aggravated assault charges
- Deputies arrest, extradite wanted fugitives from Florida and Alabama
- Youth Council’s February meeting focuses on Black History Month
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her