Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
An incident has taken place at the Coffee Correctional Facility in Nicholls and multiple people have been stabbed, according to reports.
CoreCivic, Coffee Correctional's parent company, issued the following release to DouglasNow.com on Monday afternoon:
At approximately 10:20 a.m. EDT on November 6, facility staff at the Coffee Correctional Facility in Nicholls, GA, discovered an inmate who had injuries consistent with an assault. Medical assistance was immediately provided to the inmate.
Approximately 20 minutes later, staff were alerted and responded to an altercation involving several inmates in a separate housing unit. Facility staff were able to successfully restore order without any use of force beyond verbal directives. Medical staff examined all individuals involved in the disturbance, as well as the initial injured inmate.
Four inmates sustained injuries that required transport to an outside medical provider for evaluation and treatment. Two additional inmates received treatment from medical staff onsite. No staff members were injured during this incident. CoreCivic's government partner, Georgia Department of Corrections (GDC) was notified, and an investigation is underway, which facility staff and administration will support and cooperate with to the fullest extent possible.
- Tornado spins off Tuesday's storm system near Nicholls, cuts path of destruction into Bacon County
- Christmas morning dawns with shooting in Nicholls, suspect in custody
- Garrett Streat of Nicholls selected as Mercer University School of Medicine Nathan Deal Scholar
- Ware County man arrested, charged with DUI after fatal side-by-side crash near Nicholls
- Coffee native takes ownership of Badcock store in Commerce, Ga.
Latest from Staff Reports
- DPD: Guillermo De La Cruz is responsible for Maria Diaz's disappearance on February 16, 2023
- CCA hires new head football coach
- Coffee hangs on to beat Vidalia 8-6, Jones collects 100th win as a Trojan
- U.S. Marshals, deputies arrest 'dangerous' fugitive in Douglas
- Patriots improve to 2-0 after 16-1 over Coastal Homeschool