Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
A Coffee County grand jury has indicted Anastagia Carter, former principal at Indian Creek Elementary School, on two charges of cruelty to children. The indictment is dated January 30, 2024.
Agents with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation arrested Carter on February 24, 2023, on eight different charges allegedly involving two students at Indian Creek Elementary. According to court documents, Carter allegedly held down two Indian Creek students and placed paper towels in their mouths. In both cases, Carter allegedly held her hands over their mouths after inserting the paper towels.
Carter was initially charged with cruelty to a child (first and third degrees), false imprisonment, and simple battery in each case. However, the grand jury only indicted Carter on two counts of cruelty to children in the first degree. One incident allegedly took place on January 27, 2023 and the other allegedly happened on February 10, 2023.
After Carter was arrested, she was released on $25,000 bond.
- Attorney Clint Lott announces candidacy for State Court Judge
- Domestic dispute leads to serious injuries, aggravated assault charges
- Deputies arrest, extradite wanted fugitives from Florida and Alabama
- Youth Council’s February meeting focuses on Black History Month
- Foot chase leads to methamphetamine arrest
Latest from Staff Reports
- DPD: Guillermo De La Cruz is responsible for Maria Diaz's disappearance on February 16, 2023
- CCA hires new head football coach
- Coffee hangs on to beat Vidalia 8-6, Jones collects 100th win as a Trojan
- U.S. Marshals, deputies arrest 'dangerous' fugitive in Douglas
- Patriots improve to 2-0 after 16-1 over Coastal Homeschool