Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
City of Douglas officials would like to alert residents that a phone scam is targeting Douglas Utility customers.
If a customer receives a phone call from someone impersonating a City of Douglas employee write the phone number down and report the incident to local law enforcement authorities. Although the City of Douglas does have an automatic calling system that alerts customers their account is past due, the system does not attempt to collect funds over the telephone. Citizens should call the Customer Care Center by dialing 3-1-1 or (912) 384-3302 to verify the call is legitimate.
The scam caller states they are the City of Douglas Utilities/Customer Service/Disconnection Department, and the customer's utilities are about to be disconnected. Officials say the scam caller has even tried getting customers to purchase gift cards to pay the bill.
Customers are urged to be alert and to report any suspicious activity to local law officials by calling 911's non-emergency number, 912-384-7675, or the "See Something, Say Something" Crime Tip Line at 912-260-3600.
- Deputies arrest, extradite wanted fugitives from Florida and Alabama
- Youth Council’s February meeting focuses on Black History Month
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
- Videos on social media lead to arrest on animal cruelty charges (with graphic video)
- Douglas woman charged with animal cruelty after critically ill horse found on property