An auto accident between a minivan and a dump truck sent one Douglas resident to Shands in Jacksonville via helicopter, according to walb.com. The crash occurred on Highway 206 about mid-afternoon on Saturday.
According to the walb.com report, the driver of the van, Lois Miller, 64, struck a dump truck as the truck turned left into a private driveway. Gerald Griffin was driving the dump truck, reported walb.com.
Miller was airlifted from the scene and taken to Jacksonville.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Video: Live streamed video leads to aggravated assault charges
- Appling County native hits go-ahead home run in MLB All Star Game, wins game for American League
- 2021 CHS graduate loses life in Lanier County shooting
- Stafford, Merritt lead the way at CHS track awards banquet
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense