City re-visits parking big trucks in residential areas
- Written by Megan Bennett
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
City commissioners heard the first reading of an ordinance concerning semi-truck parking within the City of Douglas at the City Commission meeting on Aug. 10 City at Hall. The revised ordinance prohibits vehicles having over six wheels from parking on residential streets or residential areas of the city. Violators of the ordinance could be fined up to $1,000 or face up to 180 days in jail. The ordinance will be read publicly again at the next commission meeting on Aug. 24.
The light department is set to get a new 2016 Ford F-250 as its purchase was approved by the City of Douglas. The truck will be purchased from Allan Vigil Ford in Morrow for $30,978 and will be paid for out of the Electric Department’s budget.
City Commissioner Marty Swain presented the City of Douglas Finance Department with a CAFA award for their outstanding financial reporting.
The police department is running a safety campaign that will install safety flags on motorized wheelchairs free of cost for anyone interested. Call 384-2222 extension 3616 or 3628 to speak with someone about installing the flag.
- Jury acquits defendant in child molestation trial
- DPD, other agencies search Ethel Street location in connection with Diaz disappearance
- Douglas ranked as seventh safest city in Georgia
- Police department, fire marshal's office investigating Tuesday night fire
- Truck crashes into home, driver cited for DUI
Latest from Megan Bennett
- DDA appointment causes tension at city commission meeting
- Douglas thrift store will benefit local cancer patients
- Precious Possessions celebrates three decades in Douglas
- School board welcomes new chair, vice-chair for 2016
- CDC, state officials, locals look to address poor health issues through local initiative