Truck rolls over near Ambrose, driver flees
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Today was not a good day for keeping the rubber side down on vehicles. Around lunch, officers responded to a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of Ward Street and Peterson Avenue that turned a vehicle on its side. Then, just after 5 p.m., authorities responded to a one-vehicle wreck on Curtis Vickers Road near Ambrose.
The 911 call reported that a truck was turned over on its side in the middle of the roadway. The tires were still spinning but the driver and any passengers had fled the scene. When officers arrived, they found the vehicle just as the caller described – a black Dodge pickup had rolled over multiple times in the road and was laying on the driver’s side across the road. The windshield was broken and there was debris all over the road and in both ditches. The trash included broken beer bottles, beer cans, ammunition boxes, the truck’s toolbox (which was in a ditch a good distance behind the truck), and other items. There was blood on clothing inside the truck as well as blood on the road itself.
The truck was titled to a Stanley Veal of an Ambrose address but officers did not know if Veal was the individual who was driving. EMS, firefighters, and deputies searched the woods around the accident site but did not find anyone.
If you have any information regarding this accident, please contact Coffee County E-911 or the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office.
- Driver traveling nearly 30 mph over speed limit found carrying suspected methamphetamine
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- Coffee County election security breach: An open letter to Coffee County voters
- Detective witnesses fight inside car, lands Fitzgerald man in jail
- Southern Georgia Regional Commission sees drop in unemployment rate
Latest from Robert Preston
- Veterans, citizens observe Memorial Day at courthouse ceremony
- City commission approves special exception variance for group bringing in ALDI grocery store
- Completely Unchained brings Van Halen to the stage Saturday in Douglas
- Former Trojan headed to Junior College World Series with Andrew College Tigers
- On the death of the manual transmission and the loss of our connection to the world around us