At last night’s city commission meeting, commissioners approved the purchase of 46 new facility signs. Sign Innovations of Charlotte, N.C., submitted the winning bid out of nine potential vendors. Its bid was $21,344. The signs will be used around the various parks and complexes throughout the city.
Commissioners also voted to waive the Central Square gym B usage fees for two events – one for The Sanctuary Church of God’s trick-or-trunk event and the other for a seminar titled The Power of Family, which will be hosted by Investing in Others, an organization located in Douglas.
In addition to these items of business, the commission heard from Beta Sigma Phi regarding Passionately Pink Day; approved a new downtown banner ordinance; purchased wire for the Five-Year Work Plan for $29,703.40; and approved five $100 credits toward customer utility bills during Customer Appreciation Week.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans fall 56-28 to Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, finish with 10-3 record
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round
- Trojans break the Mustangs 34-6 in first round, head to Decatur next week
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Tyreek Hill: From Jardine Stadium on Friday to the record books on Sunday