At last night’s city commission meeting, commissioners approved the purchase of 46 new facility signs. Sign Innovations of Charlotte, N.C., submitted the winning bid out of nine potential vendors. Its bid was $21,344. The signs will be used around the various parks and complexes throughout the city.
Commissioners also voted to waive the Central Square gym B usage fees for two events – one for The Sanctuary Church of God’s trick-or-trunk event and the other for a seminar titled The Power of Family, which will be hosted by Investing in Others, an organization located in Douglas.
In addition to these items of business, the commission heard from Beta Sigma Phi regarding Passionately Pink Day; approved a new downtown banner ordinance; purchased wire for the Five-Year Work Plan for $29,703.40; and approved five $100 credits toward customer utility bills during Customer Appreciation Week.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Local election results: Four races decided, one headed to a runoff
- An interview with Melody and Vaylor Trucks of Brother & Sister
- Baxley's Byron Buxton one home run off Major League lead
- Dewey Thomas “Butch” McDuffie, 72
- DPD officers make arrest after alleged home invasion, domestic dispute involving a shotgun