Alma woman arrested following brief armed stand-off
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A 51-year-old Alma woman faces multiple felony assault and weapons charges after allegedly threatening her boyfriend with a rifle and temporarily blockading herself inside a residence when officers arrived.
Alma police received a call to a residence on E. 7th St. just after midnight Sunday regarding a woman threatening to shoot her boyfriend. As officers from APD and the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office arrived on scene, they discovered Karen Story (51) of Alma had pointed a small caliber rifle at her boyfriend, threatening to shoot him.
Story locked herself inside of the residence, authorities said, and refused to allow officers inside. Officials stated officers could see and hear Story manipulating a rifle during this time.
Story was eventually persuaded to exit the residence and was taken into custody without further incident. Officers searched the home and found two rifles and ammunition concealed beneath a comforter in a bedroom adjacent to the front door.
Story was arrested for terroristic threats and acts, pointing a gun at another, and two counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Latest from Staff Reports
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Trojans take first at For Coffee meet, Kate Merritt sets another school record
- Katy Paulk takes oath of office, now officially State Court judge
- Judge Spivey denies convicted double murderer Wallace Lee's motion for a new trial
- Traffic stop leads to arrest on methamphetamine, cocaine charges