Authorities have located Veronica DeLeon, 21, who was reported missing Thursday morning. She is safe and unharmed.
Michael Milikae Scott, 22, of Douglas has been detained and faces multiple charges in the incident. Scott is a black male, approximately 6'3", 165 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes.
Sheriff's officials feared that DeLeon could be in danger due to previous incidents involving her and Mr. Scott. Authorities notified the public of her disappearance Thursday afternoon. She was believed to have been with Mr. Scott traveling in a silver-colored Toyota car with heavy body damage.
The sheriff’s office hasn’t said what tip or tips may have led them to Ms. DeLeon and Mr. Scott. The department released a short statement that said she had been found safe.
Latest from Robert Preston
- 2021 CHS graduate loses life in Lanier County shooting
- Stafford, Merritt lead the way at CHS track awards banquet
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense
- County buys fire truck in Texas, crashes on way back to Georgia
- Deep South Farm Supply employee charged with taking, burning truck and trailer