A Coffee County man was charged with methamphetamine possession while authorities were conducting a road check in late February.
The Georgia State Patrol, Douglas-Coffee H.E.A.T. Unit, and the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office conducted the check on Feb. 24 at the intersection of Carver Church Rd. and Kamara Rd. in Douglas, Ga.
A passenger in a vehicle checked, 55-year-old Benjamin Lee Batten, was found to be in possession of approximately 2.5 grams of methamphetamine.
The case was turned over to the Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit, and Batten was subsequently charged with possession of methamphetamine. Batten was also arrested on an outstanding probation warrant.
- 61-year-old charged with two counts of child molestation
- Drug unit reports busy July
- Man released from prison in 2020 back behind bars
- Imprisoned leader of gang-related trafficking conspiracy sentenced to nearly 40 years in federal prison
- Man on probation for battery recently charged with aggravated assault