A multi-agency investigation into cocaine distribution in Coffee County led to the arrest of a suspected drug trafficker in Broxton over the weekend.
Agents with the GBI's Southeast Regional Drug Enforcement Office, Coffee County Sheriff's Office, Douglas – Coffee Drug Unit, and Jeff Davis County Sheriff's Office executed a search warrant at 99 Sheppard Street, Lot 12, on Saturday, April 29, a residence located across the street from Broxton – Mary Hayes Elementary School.
Authorities confiscated over $1,500 cash during the raid, along with approximately ½ lb. of cocaine (8 oz.). Jose Antonio Valle, 50, was arrested and transported to the Coffee County Jail. He faces one charge of trafficking cocaine as a result of the investigation.
- Traffic stop yields meth arrest
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail