Tuesday afternoon, Douglas firefighters and police officers responded to the Maytag Laundromat, located in the Harvey’s shopping center on South Peterson Avenue, where a fire had been reported.
When units arrived, they saw that there was indeed a fire inside the building. They went to work and quickly extinguished the blaze. Two dryers were on fire; the lint traps on both machines were full and they ignited, causing the fire. The two fire completely destroyed the two dryers and the rest of the building suffered some smoke and water damage. There were no injuries reported though there were plenty of patrons inside at the time of the incident.
The investigation into the fire is ongoing.
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas
- City holds push in ceremony for new fire truck
Latest from Robert Preston
- Linebacker Larry Daniel named First Team All State, six others receive Honorable Mention
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl
- CHS junior selected to represent the US at international weightlifting competition
- McDuffie named Region Player of the Year, 11 other Trojans make All Region 1st Team