Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
A man was injured at Premium Peanut this afternoon when he was pinned between a tractor-trailer and a metal barrier Saturday afternoon. The individual, whose identity has not been released, reportedly suffered a broken leg and other serious injuries in the accident.
The accident halted work at the plant for a short time while first responders tended to the victim. An Air-Evac helicopter transported him from the plant to a trauma center. EMTs placed the victim in an ambulance and began work to stabilize him. The chopper landed just outside Premium Peanut’s gate on Barrington Road. The Air-Evac crew and local EMTs carried him by stretcher from the ambulance to the helicopter.
The victim as alert and responsive during the ordeal. While his injuries are serious, he is expected to survive.
- Attorney Clint Lott announces candidacy for State Court Judge
- Domestic dispute leads to serious injuries, aggravated assault charges
- Deputies arrest, extradite wanted fugitives from Florida and Alabama
- Youth Council’s February meeting focuses on Black History Month
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
Latest from Robert Preston
- Atkinson County honors former baseball coach and Georgia Dugout Club Hall of Famer Brad Porter
- SGSC falls to Georgia Highlands 74-67
- Animal cruelty, while rampant, is often hard to prove and prosecute
- Francis Lott, one of architects of Douglas-Coffee County's economic boom, passes at 87
- Nine Trojans sign letters of intent to play college football