A 14-year-old male was detained on suspicion of making terroristic threats towards the George Washington Carver Freshman Campus in Douglas following an incident Tuesday, Oct. 17.
School personnel was made aware that the student had allegedly threatened to "shoot up the school," and notified law enforcement of the situation. Investigators responded and, subsequently, apprehended the juvenile, who was transported to a youth detention center.
Due to the suspect's age, we are unable to provide any details regarding his identity or further information on the incident.
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Community Foundation scholarship applications available, deadline is March 15
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas
- Shoplifting incident leads to multi-county chase, crash