Former Coffee High running back released from jail on bond
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Wednesday, Tywone "Squirm" Brewton, 18, was granted a bond and released from the Coffee County Jail. Brewton had been incarcerated since July 21 after being charged with aggravated assault in the July 14 drive-by shooting of Ricardio Mitchell, 28. Brewton had been in jail 90 days and had not been indicted by a Grand Jury. As such, he was entitled to a bond.
On July 14, Mitchell was shot in the head on South McDonald Road. Brewton was almost immediately a suspect in the shooting. A week later, he turned himself into authorities. Mitchell remains hospitalized and no further arrests have been made.
Brewton was set to be the featured running back in the Coffee Trojans' offense this year. All that changed with his arrest. Though Brewton has been released from jail, his charges are still pending. The case remains open and under investigation.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- Kendrick Mizell's murder trial scheduled to begin Monday
- David Spivey arrested, charged with embracery in connection with jury tampering allegations in Anderson trial
- Drug unit officers arrest, charge Douglas man with meth possession after short chase