Just before 8 p.m. Sunday, firefighters, deputies, and EMS responded to a house fire at the corner of Brentwood Road and Silverado Road in Baymeadows.
The fire started at the south end of the house and quickly escalated. In a short time, the south side of the home was fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters worked quickly to get the blaze under control but not before the fire – along with the accompanying smoke and water – all but destroyed the home.
The residents were at home when the fire began but were unhurt. County fire chief Steve Carver was on the scene and entered the home after the fire had been extinguished. No one has stated what may have started the fire.
- An interview with Melody and Vaylor Trucks of Brother & Sister
- Third suspect indicted on murder charges in death of Vann Brown
- Brother & Sister, children of original Allman Brothers founding member, to perform in Douglas Saturday night
- Early voting still underway, over 1,000 ballots cast so far
- Dr. Peterson speaks at Mercer graduation