Friday morning, an inmate at the Coffee County Jail walked off a work detail at the courthouse where he was painting the visiting judge’s office. The inmate, 50-year-old Donald Dewayne Davis, had been held at the jail since July 2017 on multiple drug charges and a probation violation.
Davis and an accomplice made it all the way to North Carolina before getting arrested Saturday morning. Both are in custody and more charges will be pending.
Latest from Staff Reports
- DPD officers investigating Sunday night shooting
- Joyce Milsap, wife of Country Music Hall of Fame member Ronnie Milsap, passes at 80
- CCSO, DPD release statement regarding Harris arrest
- GBI investigating sheriff's deputies' use of force in Harris arrest
- Monroe County officers arrest Broxton man for allegedly stealing three DNR Polaris Rangers and trailers