CCSO release additional information, charges on escapee, accomplice captured in North Carolina
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A man who walked off from a Coffee County Jail work detail Friday is back behind bars following a short-lived escape plan hatched with the assistance of his girlfriend.
50-year-old Donald Dewayne Davis had been incarcerated at the jail since July 2017, on multiple drug charges and a probation violation. He had been placed on a work crew at the courthouse, where he was assigned to painting the visiting judge's office last Friday.
Davis walked off the work site and was met by his accomplice, 23-year-old Megan Plymel, in the area of the courthouse. It was later learned the two fled the scene in a blue GMC Sierra pickup truck.
Davis was discovered missing around 10 a.m. Friday, and an immediate search was begun by sheriff's office detectives.
Over the next several hours, Coffee County detectives collaborated with multiple local, state and interstate law enforcement agencies in determining a possible direction of travel and location of the suspects. Around midnight Saturday, Dec. 10, Davis and Plymel were found at a residence in Gastonia, North Carolina and taken into custody. They are currently incarcerated at a local jail facility in Gaston Co., NC, awaiting extradition back to Georgia.
Along with his still pending charges, Davis will be charged with felony escape upon his return to Coffee County. Plymel will be charged with aiding Davis' escape, also a felony, and was discovered to be wanted in Florida for criminal mischief and property damage.
Sheriff Wooten and detectives thank the Waycross Police Dept., Ware Co. Sheriff's Office, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED), North Carolina Bureau of Investigation, Gastonia (NC) Police Dept., Gaston Co. (NC) Sheriff's Office, Aiken (SC) Police Dept., and Aiken Co. (SC) Sheriff's Office for their assistance in quickly apprehending Davis and Plymel.
- Officers catch target during traffic stop, find over four pounds of methamphetamine
- Cross sentenced to year and a half in jail after disrupting probation revocation hearing 27 times with foul language, lewd behavior
- Man hanging out at convenience store allegedly attempts to toss bag of meth, arrested
- Detective witnesses fight inside car, lands Fitzgerald man in jail
- Drug unit officers serve warrant, find suspect flushing alleged drugs down toilet
Latest from Submitted
- Wiregrass announces President's and Dean's List for dual enrollment students
- SGSC professor’s reference book makes best new Journalism/New Technical Writing books list
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- SGSC announces Spring 2023 academic honors lists
- City to end recycling program on August 1