Last week’s race for the fifth and final Ambrose City Council seat between Blaine Paulk and Andy Jowers was almost as close as the Nov. 7.
But not quite.
After tying 24-24 last month, Jowers and Paulk, a former school board member, faced each other in a run-off. This time a few more people voted but the result came remarkably close to the first election. This time, however Paulk narrowly defeated Jowers by just two votes, 30-28.
The election wraps the political season in Coffee County. On Nov. 7, elections were held in Ambrose and Nicholls. Last week’s run-off was the lone holdover from the Nov. 7 races.
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown scheduled for this month
- Trial recap: Jury finds Justin Anderson innocent of murder, guilty of tampering with evidence and making false statements
- State rests in Justin Anderson trial
- Defense expected to call first witness in Anderson trial Thursday
Latest from Robert Preston
- Linebacker Larry Daniel named First Team All State, six others receive Honorable Mention
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl
- CHS junior selected to represent the US at international weightlifting competition
- McDuffie named Region Player of the Year, 11 other Trojans make All Region 1st Team