Sunday night, Dec. 17, the Alma Police Department became involved in a high-speed vehicle pursuit after a vehicle chase which began in Ware County traveled through Alma at speeds exceeding 80 mph. An APD officer was able to terminate the pursuit on US HWY 23. Maranda Lee Maggard, 34 of Florida, was arrested for a taillight requirement, operating a vehicle without a proper license plate, operating a vehicle with an altered license plate, driving with a suspended driver’s license, reckless driving, cruelty to children – 3rd degree and felony fleeing/attempting to elude law enforcement officers. Maggard is also facing charges in Ware County and is wanted in Jeff Davis County and Telfair County on unrelated warrants.
- GBI investigates officer involved shooting in Irwin County
- Stafford continues record-setting track season at Ware
- Newly drawn House districts could cause significant changes for Coffee County
- Lady Trojans take 2 of 3, will face Mundy's Mill in playoffs
- Broxton man leads Bacon County deputies on chase after domestic dispute, arrested following crash