An Ambrose man has been charged with prowling and theft by taking after Coffee County Sheriff’s detectives linked him to two criminal incidents this week.
Detectives were notified of an unidentified black male caught on camera rummaging around a residence in the Bushnell community and possibly trying to gain unlawful entrance into the home. Another report was later made in the same area, in which the victim stated someone had entered their vehicle and taken two firearms.
On Jan. 23, detectives successfully identified the suspect as 23-year-old Cato Rashad Williams.
Williams was located at his residence in Ambrose, where detectives discovered one of the stolen firearms in his vehicle. They also learned the other firearm had been sold and were able to recover it as well.
Williams remains in the Coffee County Jail awaiting a bond hearing.
- City announces joint public hearing for county, Ambrose, Broxton, Douglas, Nicholls
- Small Town Podcast wraps up three-episode series in Coffee County
- Douglas commissioners to run unopposed in Nov. 2 election
- Monroe County officers arrest Broxton man for allegedly stealing three DNR Polaris Rangers and trailers
- Jeff Davis officers arrest 34 on drug, weapons charges