Southwire employee caught allegedly stealing wire from plant, charged with felony theft by taking
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A former Southwire employee is in jail on theft charges after allegedly attempting to steal a large roll of copper wire from the Douglas Southwire plant on Sunday, Feb. 11.
According to a press release posted on the Douglas Police Department’s Facebook page, a police officer responded to Southwire on Kellogg Drive just after 11 p.m. Sunday night after an off-duty officer reported a suspicious vehicle in the area. The investigating officer found Christopher Paul Edge of Douglas allegedly stealing the wire. At the time, Edge was Southwire employee.
He was arrested and transported to the Coffee County jail, where he was charged with felony theft by taking.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas ranked as seventh safest city in Georgia
- Police department, fire marshal's office investigating Tuesday night fire
- Valdosta police investigating accidental double shooting, at least one victim from Douglas
- BOE approves new administrators at six schools
- Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College