A suspected local drug dealer is in custody after an irate customer called police to report being ripped off.
Douglas police officers responded to a home on Irma Ave. around 2 a.m. Friday, Feb. 16, after a complainant reported an individual at the residence had stolen $100 from her while she was attempting to purchase crack cocaine.
Officers made contact with 58-year-old Ray Louder, Jr. and the home, where they detected the strong aroma of marijuana and were able to view suspected drug residue. Officers detained Louder at that time while agents from the Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit secured a search warrant for the residence.
A quantity of cocaine, along with marijuana and ecstasy, were discovered by drug agents during the search, and Louder was transported to the Coffee County Jail. He faces charges of possession of cocaine and marijuana with intent to distribute, along with possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
- Officers, firefighters battle storm to preserve American flag
- Douglas man arrested after allegedly stabbing girlfriend during argument
- DPD officers investigate Juanita Street homicide
- CCSO: Numerous drug trafficking arrests in 2021
- Two Douglas residents arrested on drug charges during Ocala, Fla., traffic stop