Thursday, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, with the assistance of the Georgia State Patrol’s dive team, searched a pond in Coffee County for a weapon, presumably a gun, in connection to an ongoing murder investigation.
The search was related to the murders of Willie J. Oliver Sr., 72, and Jerome A. Nixon, 62, in Pearson. On Feb. 10, 2018, a neighbor reported that Oliver and Nixon were dead in a residence at 371 West Allen Avenue in Pearson. An investigation showed that they both died of gunshot wounds.
Officials determined that the victims were murdered. No arrests have been made in the case and the investigation remains ongoing. DouglasNow.com contacted the Douglas GBI office Friday morning. Special Agent in Charge Mark Pro confirmed that the pond search was related to the murders of Oliver and Nixon. However, he didn’t say if officers found what they were looking for. Anyone with information regarding this case should contact the Pearson Police Department at (912) 422-7411 or the GBI office in Douglas at (912) 389-4103.
- GBI makes another arrest in shooting of death of Savion McRae
- Federal judge sentences convicted Arbery killers on hate crimes
- Coffee weightlifters storm Las Vegas, Micale Smith wins national title
- City offers incentives for Enterprise Zone areas
- Local attorney pleads guilty to DUI, serves weekend in jail
Latest from Robert Preston
- Video: Live streamed video leads to aggravated assault charges
- Appling County native hits go-ahead home run in MLB All Star Game, wins game for American League
- 2021 CHS graduate loses life in Lanier County shooting
- Stafford, Merritt lead the way at CHS track awards banquet
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense