Officers from the Broxton Police Department made a huge drug seizure this past weekend.
Officers conducted a traffic stop and arrested Jerome Johnson of Broxton on the following charges: defective equipment (tag lights), suspended driver's license, felony possession of marijuana, possession of MDMA (ecstasy) with intent to distribute, possession of a controlled substance, hydrocodone, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession of a stolen firearm, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
“I am very proud of my officers and the great job that they do keeping these illegal drugs off the streets of Broxton. We are a proactive department and we will continue to serve the community in this way,” stated Broxton Police Chief Scott Harper.
- Broxton officer busts driver for DUI, possessing suspected ecstasy
- Broxton man charged after allegedly fighting police officer
- CCDU places two behind bars on drug possession charges
- Nicholls woman charged with animal cruelty after 28 sick or dead dogs found on property
- Po-po nabs Popo, nine others in various incidents
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- DPD makes arrest in golf club thefts
- Douglas native one of 17 alleged gang members charged in Barrow County