Officers from the Broxton Police Department made a huge drug seizure this past weekend.
Officers conducted a traffic stop and arrested Jerome Johnson of Broxton on the following charges: defective equipment (tag lights), suspended driver's license, felony possession of marijuana, possession of MDMA (ecstasy) with intent to distribute, possession of a controlled substance, hydrocodone, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession of a stolen firearm, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
“I am very proud of my officers and the great job that they do keeping these illegal drugs off the streets of Broxton. We are a proactive department and we will continue to serve the community in this way,” stated Broxton Police Chief Scott Harper.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Ryan Duke takes stand, accuses Bo Dukes of killing Tara Grinstead
- Early voting still underway, over 1,000 ballots cast so far
- Former Trojan named GCAA Pitcher of the Year
- Kristen Kitchens joins DouglasNow as news reporter
- Nine Hawks selected All-Conference, Coach Timothy named GCAA Coach of the Year