Coffee County woman shot, killed during alleged domestic dispute in Clayton County
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A woman from Coffee County was shot and killed in Clayton County Sunday morning, allegedly by her boyfriend who stabbed a police dog during the ensuing investigation.
Numerous media outlets throughout the state have published stories regarding the shooting. The shooting took place around 9:30 a.m. at Brookstone Apartments on Garden Walk Boulevard. Officers believe the shooting was the result of a domestic dispute. The victim, who has been identified as Amber Wilson but was known locally as Nikki, was found dead inside the apartment.
According to reports, Wilson and her boyfriend, Randy Young, had been arguing. Wilson went to Young’s home with her step-father to pick up her belongings. While she was there, she and Young began arguing again. As a result of the argument, Young allegedly shot Wilson, killing her.
Young then fled the area. Police searched for him for several hours, eventually finding him in woods near Riverdale. Officers sent a police dog named Odin after Young. Odin located Young and went after him. Young fought back and allegedly stabbed the dog twice. Though Odin’s injuries are significant, he is expected to recover.
Young was arrested and transported to jail. Monday morning, he made his first appearance in court and was denied bond, according to reports.
- There is an election underway and it's for the SPLOST referendum
- GBI investigates fatal officer involved shooting in Nicholls
- Ben Hill County inmate who had escaped before escapes again while attending grandmother's funeral in Douglas
- Alleged argument over $5 leads to arrest on child cruelty, family violence charges
- Convicted felon hit with drug distribution, gun charges
Latest from Staff Reports
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Trojans take first at For Coffee meet, Kate Merritt sets another school record
- Katy Paulk takes oath of office, now officially State Court judge
- Judge Spivey denies convicted double murderer Wallace Lee's motion for a new trial
- Traffic stop leads to arrest on methamphetamine, cocaine charges