A Coffee County woman faces drug distribution and firearms charges following an investigation by the Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit Thursday night.
Around 8 p.m. on Sept. 13, 2018, drug unit detectives, with the assistance of Coffee County Sheriff's Office K-9 Units, conducted an investigation at a residence on East Walker Street in Douglas. Officers conducted a search of the home and agents subsequently discovered two loaded firearms and approximately one pound of high grade marijuana.
Mary Kight, aka Mary Cortez or Mary Reyes, was arrested at the scene and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
- Officers, firefighters battle storm to preserve American flag
- Douglas man arrested after allegedly stabbing girlfriend during argument
- DPD officers investigate Juanita Street homicide
- CCSO: Numerous drug trafficking arrests in 2021
- Two Douglas residents arrested on drug charges during Ocala, Fla., traffic stop