Alma PD, GBI, other agencies make arrests in murder case
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Monday, Oct. 15, 2018, the Alma Police Department asked the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to assist with the investigation into the death of Sabron Markez Mosby.
After an extensive investigation, the GBI Douglas Regional office, Alma Police Department, and the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office obtained information that led to the arrest of the following subjects in connection with Mosby’s death.
On Friday, October 19, 2018, GBI agents, APD and BCSO obtained arrest warrants for the following:
- · Cleavonta Jerrideau (26 of Blackshear) for murder and four counts of aggravated assault. (more charges pending in Pierce County)
- · Glenn Darius Smith (25 of Alma) for murder, four counts of aggravated assault, trafficking methamphetamine, and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. (along with multiple other felony charges)
- · Deangelo Deshawn Morgan (20 of Alma) for murder, four counts of aggravated assault and tampering with evidence.
- · Paizsa Monei Murchinson (23 of Alma) for party to the crime of murder and tampering with evidence.
- · Mannie R. Smith (52 of Alma) for trafficking methamphetamine, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
- · Sharricka Roberts (26 of Alma) for trafficking methamphetamine, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
- · Thomas John Smith (55 of Alma) for possession of a controlled substance (four counts), possession of marijuana and possession of dangerous drugs.
During the course of this investigation APD, GBI, the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office and Pierce County Sheriff’s Office sized approximately three pounds of marijuana, approximately one pound of methamphetamine, three firearms, approximately $200,000 in cash, and over 200 pills/tablets of prescription medication.
The Alma Police Department would like to thank the GBI (Douglas Office), the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office, the Nicholls Police Department, the Pierce County ACE Unit, Georgia State Patrol, and Georgia Department of Community Supervision for their assistance in this investigation.
- A high school umpire and a Coffee County resident among several arrested in Jeff Davis County on drug charges
- GBI arrests Coffee County man in child death investigation
- GBI makes arrest in child sexual assault investigation
- Car v. pedestrian, hit and run call turns into wild chase near Nicholls
- Prison guard who smuggled contraband to prison inmate pleads guilty to federal drug charge