SGSC, Dayne Purvis family announce scholarship in Purvis’s memory
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A scholarship fund in memory of Dayne Purvis has been established by his family and friends to honor his integrity, work ethic, and love of community. Mr. Purvis’s greatest love was for his wife, Pat Tidwell Purvis, and their three children, Michael, David, and Nichole.
A long-time resident of Coffee County, Purvis was an alumnus of the former South Georgia College and his family is pleased to be able to offer this scholarship in his memory to a new generation of SGSC students wishing to further their education and pursue their dreams. Contributions to this scholarship fund can be made payable to: South Georgia State College Foundation and mailed to SGSC Foundation - Office of External Affairs, 100 West College Park Drive, Douglas, GA 31533. Simply notate Dayne Purvis Leadership Award on the check’s memo line.
- 13th Annual Baldwin's Ballers Basketball Camp coming this summer
- SGSC honors students for academic achievement
- Dye Foundation's Birdies For Bucks Golf Classic raises over $16,000 for SGSC students
- A 'Redistribution of Happiness' found through a 1930's South Georgia College postcard
- Hawks deliver with first place on the line, turn 8-0 deficit into 18-8 win
Latest from Staff Reports
- Drug unit officers serve warrant, find suspect flushing alleged drugs down toilet
- Douglas man charged with hit and run, DUI after 'leaving the club'
- Three juveniles charged for allegedly agreeing to sell iPhones then stealing the money from potential buyers
- Bicycle traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- David Rios, one of Coffee County's Most Wanted, still on the run after 11 years