A scholarship fund in memory of Dayne Purvis has been established by his family and friends to honor his integrity, work ethic, and love of community. Mr. Purvis’s greatest love was for his wife, Pat Tidwell Purvis, and their three children, Michael, David, and Nichole.
A long-time resident of Coffee County, Purvis was an alumnus of the former South Georgia College and his family is pleased to be able to offer this scholarship in his memory to a new generation of SGSC students wishing to further their education and pursue their dreams. Contributions to this scholarship fund can be made payable to: South Georgia State College Foundation and mailed to SGSC Foundation - Office of External Affairs, 100 West College Park Drive, Douglas, GA 31533. Simply notate Dayne Purvis Leadership Award on the check’s memo line.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Officers, firefighters battle storm to preserve American flag
- Douglas man arrested after allegedly stabbing girlfriend during argument
- DPD officers investigate Juanita Street homicide
- ADA Ian Sansot announces candidacy for District Attorney
- Two Douglas residents arrested on drug charges during Ocala, Fla., traffic stop