U.S. Marshals apprehend Bo Dukes in Irwin County
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
When people find themselves in trouble, they often head to familiar surroundings. That’s what Bo Dukes did after being accused of sexual assault last week. And the U.S. Marshals were waiting for him.
Authorities, including the Marshals, were looking for Dukes, accused of helping conceal the 2005 death of Ocilla school teacher Tara Grinstead, after he was charged with rape, aggravated sodomy, false imprisonment, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon last week. According to media reports, Dukes assaulted two women at gunpoint in Houston County on New Year’s Day.
Dukes was arrested in Irwin County on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019. Dukes had also been on the run since November after a judge revoked his probation stemming from a 2013 incident in which he was convicted of stealing $150,000 from the Army.
Dukes’s friend, Ryan Duke, has been charged with murder in the death of Tara Grinstead. That trial is set to begin this summer.
- Ben Hill County inmate who had escaped before escapes again while attending grandmother's funeral in Douglas
- Hearing underway as Ryan Duke, Bo Dukes attempt to get Ben Hill County charges dismissed
- U.S. Marshals, deputies arrest suspect wanted in Texas
- One of suspects in Rae Rae Barnes's death to appear in court next week
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber, EDA Name Matt Seale CEO
Latest from Robert Preston
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- Kendrick Mizell's murder trial scheduled to begin Monday
- David Spivey arrested, charged with embracery in connection with jury tampering allegations in Anderson trial
- Drug unit officers arrest, charge Douglas man with meth possession after short chase