When people find themselves in trouble, they often head to familiar surroundings. That’s what Bo Dukes did after being accused of sexual assault last week. And the U.S. Marshals were waiting for him.
Authorities, including the Marshals, were looking for Dukes, accused of helping conceal the 2005 death of Ocilla school teacher Tara Grinstead, after he was charged with rape, aggravated sodomy, false imprisonment, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon last week. According to media reports, Dukes assaulted two women at gunpoint in Houston County on New Year’s Day.
Dukes was arrested in Irwin County on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019. Dukes had also been on the run since November after a judge revoked his probation stemming from a 2013 incident in which he was convicted of stealing $150,000 from the Army.
Dukes’s friend, Ryan Duke, has been charged with murder in the death of Tara Grinstead. That trial is set to begin this summer.
- Ryan Duke gets 10 years, already eligible for parole
- Ryan Duke found not guilty in murder of Tara Grinstead, only convicted on concealing death
- Ryan Duke gives detailed testimony of Tara Grinstead's murder, Bo Dukes invokes 5th Amendment
- Ryan Duke takes stand, accuses Bo Dukes of killing Tara Grinstead
- DPD, U.S. Marshals make arrest in Jan. 13 fatal shooting
Latest from Robert Preston
- Local election results: Four races decided, one headed to a runoff
- An interview with Melody and Vaylor Trucks of Brother & Sister
- Baxley's Byron Buxton one home run off Major League lead
- Dewey Thomas “Butch” McDuffie, 72
- DPD officers make arrest after alleged home invasion, domestic dispute involving a shotgun