Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
No contract/deposits for maintenance or construction
Clearwater pools on Facebook
Ask about Customizable maintenance plans *
The driver of a tractor-trailer hauling peanuts walked away from a spectacular truck v. train accident on the railroad tracks at Barrington Road west of Douglas.
The truck, a Peterbilt day cab tractor, was taking a load of peanuts to Premium Peanut when the accident occurred. There are no crossing arms at that crossing, which is used heavily by big trucks going to and from Premium Peanut. The train, which was traveling east, struck the hood of the truck. The impact knocked the hood off and separated the engine, transmission, and front axle from the truck. The trailer rolled on its side and lifted the truck off the ground. Emergency personnel used a ladder to get to the driver, who has not been identified. He climbed down the ladder and walked to a stretcher. He was transported via ambulance to Coffee Regional Medical Center.
This was at least the fourth accident on that particular crossing. Two other truck v. train collisions have happened on crossings within a short distance of Premium Peanut. The truck belongs to Stallen Trucking of Douglas.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans notch second shutout in a row, defeat Richmond Hill Wildcats 21-0
- September 20, 2003: The accident that changed a community
- Coffee shuts out Salem 58-0, improves to 4-0
- Coffee JV scores 31 unanswered points in come-from-behind win over Lowndes JV
- A void that will never be filled: Walter 'Huck' Huckaby has passed