Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Another pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle Saturday night, the second such incident this month.
Saturday night just after 11 p.m., Amanda Floyd of Douglas was struck and killed by a vehicle on Highway 158 East just outside the city limits of Douglas. According to reports, the driver of the vehicle that struck Floyd stopped on the side of the road. Deputies from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office stopped with the vehicle. The driver told the deputies that he/she had hit something back toward Douglas but wasn’t sure exactly what it was. One of the deputies headed west to investigate and found the body of Floyd near the road.
Officers from the sheriff’s department and Georgia State Patrol are investigating the incident. While there has been no official report issued concerning the incident, a number of discussions took place on social media throughout the day Sunday. It is unclear why Floyd was walking on the side of the road. There also hasn’t been any statement regarding any charges that may or may not be filed in the case. It remains under investigation. If you have any information regarding this incident, contact 911, the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office, or the Georgia State Patrol.
- Attorney Clint Lott announces candidacy for State Court Judge
- Domestic dispute leads to serious injuries, aggravated assault charges
- Deputies arrest, extradite wanted fugitives from Florida and Alabama
- Youth Council’s February meeting focuses on Black History Month
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
Latest from Robert Preston
- Atkinson County honors former baseball coach and Georgia Dugout Club Hall of Famer Brad Porter
- SGSC falls to Georgia Highlands 74-67
- Animal cruelty, while rampant, is often hard to prove and prosecute
- Francis Lott, one of architects of Douglas-Coffee County's economic boom, passes at 87
- Nine Trojans sign letters of intent to play college football