Body found in Clinch County 'likely' that of missing SGSC student
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A body discovered in Clinch County on Memorial Day could be that of a South Georgia State College student who was reported missing on May 19 in Crisp County.
Cameron Fontaine, a student in South Georgia State College’s entry program at Valdosta State University in Valdosta, was last seen near Cordele on Saturday, May 18, according to multiple media reports. Later the following week, Fontaine’s vehicle was found on Highway 441 near Homerville in Clinch County. Authorities discovered a body believed to be that of Fontaine about two miles from where the vehicle was found.
The GBI will release more information, including cause of death, once officials complete an autopsy. South Georgia State College’s Office of External Affairs released the following statement regarding Fontaine:
"Mr. Cameron Fontaine was a student from spring 2019 semester at our SGSC Valdosta State University entry program. Our hearts go out to Cameron's family during this difficult time, and we have let them know we are here to provide any assistance we can. SGSC is in contact with law enforcement officials and will provide further updates as they are provided since this is an active and ongoing investigation."
- GBI makes arrest in Jeff Davis shooting
- SGSC falls to Monroe College in first round of NJCAA Tournament
- SGSC knocks off Georgia Highlands, wins GCAA championship
- GBI investigates fatal officer involved shooting in Nicholls
- SGSC’s Dr. Tulasi Acharya co-edits new book about organization theories and public administration
Latest from Staff Reports
- Valdosta police investigating accidental double shooting, at least one victim from Douglas
- BOE approves new administrators at six schools
- Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Trojans take first at For Coffee meet, Kate Merritt sets another school record