Alma police and other area law enforcement agencies are looking for James Mitchell Metts, 32, who escaped from the Bacon County Jail on the morning of Dec. 15, 2019.
According to a press release from the Alma Police Department, Metts stole a white Audi A4 from the parking lot of an Alma convenience store. Authorities recovered the vehicle near a family member’s home near Milan in Telfair County.
Metts has ties to Telfair, Coffee, and Atkinson counties. He is not considered to be armed and dangerous but authorities do ask the public to be cautious if he is seen. If you Metts or know his whereabouts, contact your local law enforcement agency.
Metts, a white male, is 32 years old, 6’1”, 175 with brown hair and brown eyes. His last known address was 375 South Ocmulgee Blvd. in Jacksonville, Ga.
- Former cop sentenced to life on kidnapping, other charges
- Stolen car alert from Coffee County leads to pair of arrests near Alma
- Former officer arrested, hit with slew of serious charges
- Broxton man leads Bacon County deputies on chase after domestic dispute, arrested following crash
- Bacon County inmate flees, captured to the "COPS" theme song "Bad Boys"