One man has been charged with child molestation following an investigation that began on Christmas Day.
According to a press release issued by the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to the Douglas Police Department after a report of a possible sexual assault that took place on Dec. 25, 2019. Deputies spoke with a female who stated that her 13-year-old daughter had been sexually assaulted. Deputies notified detectives and as a result of the ensuing investigation, they determined that Edward Allen Watford was the offender.
Watford turned himself into the sheriff’s office on Jan. 3, 2020. He was charged with one count of child molestation.
Latest from Staff Reports
- GBI arrests juvenile correctional officer in Waycross RYDC death investigation
- Third suspect arrested, charged with murder in shooting death of Savion McRae
- Suspected drug dealer nabbed sleeping in convenience store parking lot
- GBI investigates death at Waycross Youth Detention Center
- Lady Trojans show determination and fight in come-from-behind win over TCC