Broxton PD officer fires at vehicle during chase, GBI investigating
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Early Sunday morning, December 29, 2019, a Broxton police officer fired his weapon several times at a vehicle involved in a chase that originated in Douglas.
On Monday, December 30, 2019, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Broxton Police Department to conduct a use of force investigation.
At approximately 3:00 a.m. on December 29, the Douglas Police Department initiated a traffic stop in Douglas. The vehicle fled the stop and led officers on a chase that continued into Broxton. As the chase continued through Broxton, a Broxton Police Department officer fired multiple times at the vehicle. The vehicle eventually stopped and multiple individuals fled the scene on foot and their identities have yet to be confirmed. A juvenile was found to be in the vehicle and was later released to the parents. There were no injuries to any of the participants related to the use of force.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the GBI Region 4 office at (912) 389-4103.
- GBI makes arrest in Jeff Davis shooting
- Sidewalk clash on Peterson Avenue sends two to jail, one to the hospital
- Alapaha man arrested, jailed on consecutive nights
- Report: Traffic stop turns up warrant from Illinois, suspect says it's a case of stolen identity then flees
- GBI investigates fatal officer involved shooting in Nicholls
Latest from Staff Reports
- Valdosta police investigating accidental double shooting, at least one victim from Douglas
- BOE approves new administrators at six schools
- Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Trojans take first at For Coffee meet, Kate Merritt sets another school record