A few good Samaritans saved the life of a child whom they found on a busy state highway on Sunday.
The incident happened on Sunday afternoon when several individuals riding in a Chrysler 300 found a small child in the middle of the Fitzgerald Highway at the intersection of Pine Forest Drive in Touchton Woods. One of the individuals in the car, Teezy Fussell, started recording the incident with his phone via Facebook live.
According to Fussell in the video, he and his friends found the child in the road. The child, who appeared to be about two years old, didn’t seem to be in any distress. Fussell and his friends called police. While waiting for the police to arrive, the men gave the child a jacket and held him until officers showed up.
After watching the video, DouglasNow.com reached out to police chief Shane Edmisten for more information regarding the incident. Chief Edmisten stated that the child’s parents and other adults were in the home with the child. The child had been napping and woke up. He couldn’t find his mother, who was ironing clothes, and began looking for her. He went outside and kept walking, eventually getting out of the yard (which was fenced). The child's mother was looking for the child inside. When she couldn't find him, she went outside and found her son with Fussell, his friends, and Douglas police officers.
Officers reunited the child with his mother. Thankfully, the child was unharmed. Chief Edmisten stated that police didn’t suspect any criminal activity.
The video that Fussell recorded is shown below. Warning: It contains explicit language.
- Christmas parade is this weekend, here are the rules
- Judge sentences Justin Anderson to 18 months confinement in connection with Vann Brown's death
- Douglas woman arrested on shoplifting, drug possession charges after allegedly stealing shoes
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans fall 56-28 to Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, finish with 10-3 record
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round
- Trojans break the Mustangs 34-6 in first round, head to Decatur next week
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Tyreek Hill: From Jardine Stadium on Friday to the record books on Sunday