South Georgia State College will host a Governmental Affairs Virtual Town Hall on Monday, June 1, 2020, at 10 am. Some of South Georgia's local elected officials will share information on the current legislative session and the effects of COVID 19 on the state of Georgia. Senator Tyler Harper, Representative Dominic LaRiccia and Representative Clay Pirkle will present information and answer questions in a one-hour live special. The Town Hall will be moderated by Dr. Ingrid Thompson-Sellers, SGSC President.
The program will stream live at https://tinyurl.com/ybxenchj or by phone +1 470-645-3060 using the Conference ID: 610 837 341#.
"People in the community are interested in the upcoming legislative session and the impact of COVID-19 on our local economy. We are bringing together the experts 'virtually' to provide accurate and up-to-date information," said Dr. Thompson-Sellers. "Holding the meeting online allows people to participate without having to physically be in one space. These virtual gatherings keep people informed while following recommended social distancing guidelines."
- No. 15 SGSC splits Applebee's Okefenokee College Classic
- Newly drawn House districts could cause significant changes for Coffee County
- Second half surge lifts Hawks in season opener
- Novelist and Waycross native Joe Palmer to visit SGSC for book signing
- SGSC soccer makes history, wins first conference championship