The City of Douglas would like to encourage citizens to attend or become a part of various city committees and boards. At the present time, there is one vacancy on the Library Board and one vacancy on the Zoning Board of Appeals. Volunteers must live within the city limits of Douglas. The purpose of the Zoning Board of Appeals is to make recommendations on matters involving planning, zoning, subdivisions and other land use issues.
The following is a list of upcoming meetings for City of Douglas Boards and Committees.
- Downtown Development Authority – July 8, 9am, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
- Land Bank Authority – July 9, 2:00pm, at Ashley Slater House
- Air Base Preservation & Development Committee – July 13, (2nd Monday of each month), 12pm, at the Douglas Municipal Gene Chambers Airport.
- City Commission: July 13, & 27 (2nd & 4th Mondays) 7pm, at CE Weir Center
- Recreation Commission – July 14, 11:45am, Central Square Complex, (912)384-5978
- Historic Preservation Committee – July 23, 4:00pm, at Ashley Slater House
- G.I.C.H. Committee Meeting – August 12, 3pm, Ashley Slater House
For additional information about any City of Douglas Committee/Board, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (912)389-3405.