On September 5, 2020, Coffee County deputies were dispatched to a possible child abuse case. The case was turned over to Coffee County Criminal Investigations Detectives for further investigation.
As a result of that investigation John McIver Jr., 66, of Broxton, was charged with two counts of Cruelty to Children. McIver was released on bond on September 8,2020.
- Bowen, Merson receive additional charges in alleged heroin operation
- Alexandria Bowen indicted, jailed for alleged involvement in fiance's heroin arrest
- Feds sentence Broxton man on child pornography charges
- Drug officers arrest suspected trafficker in Broxton investigation
- Chases, meth possession, and firearms charges top drug unit's operations in April