On September 5, 2020, Coffee County deputies were dispatched to a possible child abuse case. The case was turned over to Coffee County Criminal Investigations Detectives for further investigation.
As a result of that investigation John McIver Jr., 66, of Broxton, was charged with two counts of Cruelty to Children. McIver was released on bond on September 8,2020.
Latest from Submitted
- First jury trial in 14 months ends with murder conviction
- Wiregrass Tech's Rick Perkins winner named top state finalist
- Pre-application period to support CRMC through rural tax credit opens Monday
- Detectives investigate two unrelated cases, make meth arrests
- City receives funds for drainage improvements