Tuesday afternoon, Dr. Steve Anderson of Douglas was taken into custody after agents from the Drug Enforcement Agency, Internal Revenue Service, Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Jeff Davis County Sheriff’s Office, and Douglas Police Department conducted an all-day investigation at his home and offices.
Late Tuesday afternoon, officers transported Dr. Anderson to the Coffee County Jail. The exact charges Dr. Anderson is being held on have not been released. However, the charges involve alleged violations of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act. Likewise, officers have not announced what they were looking for or what they found during the investigation.
Dr. Anderson was placed on a 48-hour hold at the jail. Charges are expected to be announced Wednesday morning. His offices have been closed until further notice.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Suspect in Ocilla fatal shooting allegedly steals car at gunpoint in Coffee County, flees
- Tyreek Hill plays against Pittsburgh, leads Kansas City in receiving
- Douglas man allegedly kills his son, injures another in Christmas Eve shooting
- Two former Trojans take the field in Division II national title game
- Jeff Davis deputies, DNR officers make multiple drug arrests