Two-vehicle chase leads to crashed patrol car, multiple arrests
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
On Dec. 31, a suspicious vehicle was spotted in a neighborhood in the county. Coffee County deputies and the Coffee County Drug Unit responded to the area to conduct an investigation. It was determined that two vehicles were involved instead of one. One of the vehicles was known to drug detectives as a vehicle of interest in a separate case. Traffic stops were conducted on both vehicle a short time later after said vehicles left the neighborhood. One of the vehicles failed to yield to deputies and a chase ensued. The driver eventually rammed a deputy’s vehicle and was apprehended. The driver was identified as Tony Fogarty, 52, of Douglas. Fogarty was wanted on several outstanding warrants.
The driver of the other vehicle was identified as Edward “Ant” Stasiulaitis, 33, of Newnan, who was found to be in possession of marijuana and possession of firearm by a convicted felon. Statsiulaitis was determined to be a convicted felon and was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Fogarty was charged with fleeing and attempting to elude an officer, aggravated assault against a law enforcement officer, and many traffic related offenses.
On Dec. 19, a Coffee County K9 deputy conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a traffic infraction. A search of the vehicle was conducted and a handgun, along with suspected marijuana, and methamphetamine were located near the passenger. The passenger who was identified as Jamie Lassiter, 27, of Alma was arrested and charged with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute, possession of marijuana, possession of drug related objects, and possession of a firearm during a crime.
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Drug unit officers arrest, charge Douglas man with meth possession after short chase
- There is an election underway and it's for the SPLOST referendum
Latest from Submitted
- Range Robinson represents USA in Albania, takes to the platform Wednesday morning
- DPD urges safety when operating motorized carts on city streets
- Michael and Kassidy Carter represent Georgia at the National Outstanding Young Farmers Award Congress
- ABAC honors top academic students
- Douglas re-designated as PlanFirst Community