Yesterday, agents from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation arrested three individuals and are searching for a fourth in relation to a home invasion that turned fatal in Jeff Davis County on Monday evening.
On Tuesday, January 5, 2021, the GBI arrested Kegan B. Bennett, 39, of Hazlehurst, for Felony Murder, Home Invasion, Armed Robbery; Denver L. Wooten, 18, of Hazlehurst, for Felony Murder, Home Invasion, Armed Robbery; and Verlyttia Ivory, 32, of Hazlehurst, for Felony Murder, Home Invasion, Armed Robbery, Cruelty to Children 2nd Degree. An arrest warrant has been issued for Douglas L. Wooten, 39, of Hazlehurst, for Felony Murder, Home Invasion, Armed Robbery, Cruelty to Children 2nd Degree, who is currently wanted by police. These arrests are in connection to the death of Marcos Ramirez.
On Monday, January 4, 2021, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office was requested by the Jeff Davis County Sheriff’s Office to conduct a death investigation. At approximately 8:45 p.m., the Jeff Davis County Sheriff’s Office responded to 21 Mark Hall Drive regarding a call of someone having been shot. Upon arrival, deputies found Marcos Ramirez, 54, deceased due to gunshot wounds. Ramirez’s body will be transported to the GBI Medical Examiner’s Office for autopsy.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information about this case or the whereabouts of Douglas Wooten is encouraged to contact the GBI Douglas Office at (912) 389-4103 or the Jeff Davis County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 375-6600. Tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS(8477), online at https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
- Jeff Davis authorities arrest 29 on drug, weapons charges
- First jury trial in 14 months ends with murder conviction
- GBI investigates Sunday afternoon stabbing death
- Kendrick Mizell, suspect in Feb. 28 slaying in Douglas, arrested in Ware County
- Investigators uncover assassination plot in Operation Sandy Bottom, marked man in courtroom with alleged co-conspirators
Latest from Staff Reports
- Broxton man leads Bacon County deputies on chase after domestic dispute, arrested following crash
- Del Parisella retires after more than 45 years of public service
- Wyatt Miller joins Tyreek Hill in Kansas City
- Bacon County inmate flees, captured to the "COPS" theme song "Bad Boys"
- CCA Lady Patriots win state tennis championship, men's team advances to Final Four