Coffee County detectives have arrested and charged a Douglas man in relation to the theft of a service weapon taken from a Georgia State Trooper from the area of Oconee County.
Detectives began the investigation on Jan. 5 and learned that a local resident, 23-year-old Ryan Carver, had been in possession of the stolen firearm. The weapon was later recovered from a residence off Dan Duran Rd.
Carver was arrested and faces charges of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of stolen property.
The recovered firearm has been returned to Oconee County authorities.
- Roscoe Allen jailed after allegedly violating his probation two weeks after getting out of jail
- Nine troopers cleared in cheating scandal back at work, including one from Douglas
- Track teams finish fifth, eighth in Richmond Hill
- Roscoe Allen pleads guilty, released from jail
- Catalytic converter theft investigation results in five arrests