Separate recent incidents in Coffee County yielded the arrests of two individuals on methamphetamine and other felony charges.
Deputies and drug detectives responded to the area of Fitzgerald Hwy. on Jan. 21 in reference to a possible stolen vehicle. Two individuals were located shortly thereafter with the suspected vehicle. Through a brief, on-scene investigation, authorities discovered a firearm, along with a quantity of suspected methamphetamine and marijuana.
As a result, Carl Chaney was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, possession of marijuana, and possession of methamphetamine. Brandon Thomas was charged with possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession of methamphetamine, and possession of marijuana.
On Jan. 27, officers with the Nicholls Police Department conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for an expired tag decal. Officers initiated a search of the vehicle due to the odor of suspected marijuana. The driver, identified as Bryant Knight, exited and was observed by officers attempting to conceal a plastic bag inside his pocket.
Knight was ultimately found to be in possession of a quantity of methamphetamine, and the investigation was turned over to the Coffee County Drug Unit.
Knight was taken from the scene to the Coffee County Jail and charged with possession of methamphetamine.
- Christmas parade is this weekend, here are the rules
- Judge sentences Justin Anderson to 18 months confinement in connection with Vann Brown's death
- Douglas woman arrested on shoplifting, drug possession charges after allegedly stealing shoes
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges