Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner John F. King announced today that Atmath Bell Wright, 35, and Joseph Dailey, 48, both of Metter, GA, and Samantha Jackson Pincus, 48, of Neeses, SC, were arrested in connection with a recent Coffee County fire.
The fire occurred at 1109 Brunswick Avenue in Nicholls around 8:22 a.m. on Friday, February 5. “The resident was not home at the time of the fire and investigators on scene noted a TV was missing,” said Commissioner King. “The culprits were all charged with 1st degree burglary and arson after one individual approached the Nicholls Police Chief claiming to be responsible.”
The investigation began in Coffee County but spilled over into Toombs and Candler Counties. Commissioner King’s Fire Investigations Unit assisted the Nicholls Police and Fire Departments in this case.
- Man arrested after allegedly burning girlfriend's clothes
- Deep South Farm Supply employee charged with taking, burning truck and trailer
- Lack of manpower, lack of 'proper essentials,' strict budget given as reasons Nicholls police officers resigned
- DPD charges Kentarius Williams with numerous crimes, including arson and church burglary
- County, cities to host broadband public hearing