Kendrick Mizell, the suspect in the Feb. 28, 2021, slaying of Antravious Johnson, 22, in Douglas, has been arrested in Ware County, according to the Douglas Police Department.
The DPD made a post on its Facebook page stating that Mizell, who had been identified as a suspect almost immediately following Johnson’s death, was arrested without incident in Ware County with the assistance of the Ware County Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Marshals Service.
Authorities believe that Mizell shot Johnson multiple times on the afternoon of Feb. 28 at the 900 block of South Gaskin Avenue.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Officers, firefighters battle storm to preserve American flag
- Douglas man arrested after allegedly stabbing girlfriend during argument
- DPD officers investigate Juanita Street homicide
- ADA Ian Sansot announces candidacy for District Attorney
- Two Douglas residents arrested on drug charges during Ocala, Fla., traffic stop