A Coffee County man was charged with trafficking methamphetamine and numerous other drug-related offenses following a search of a local residence by Coffee County drug agents.
Detectives with the Coffee County Drug Unit responded to 43 Victory Drive on June 29 in reference to a fourth amendment waiver search. Agents identified an individual, Brandon Smith, outside of the residence when they arrived. Smith had previously waived his fourth amendment rights as a result of bond conditions when he was released from jail on previous charges.
A search was conducted of the property, and Smith was found to be in possession of suspected methamphetamine, imitation methamphetamine, suspected heroin, alprazolam tablets, suspected marijuana seeds, marijuana plants, and other drug-related objects. He was also found to be in possession of firearms.
As a result of the incident, Smith was charged with trafficking in methamphetamine, manufacturing marijuana, possession of heroin, two counts of possession of a controlled substance, unlawful manufacture of an imitation drug, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, and possession of drug-related objects.
- Bowen, Merson receive additional charges in alleged heroin operation
- Alexandria Bowen indicted, jailed for alleged involvement in fiance's heroin arrest
- Feds sentence Telfair County drug trafficker with ties to Coffee
- Six Sandy Bottom defendants sentenced in federal court
- Drug officers arrest suspected trafficker in Broxton investigation