A Coffee County man was charged with trafficking methamphetamine and numerous other drug-related offenses following a search of a local residence by Coffee County drug agents.
Detectives with the Coffee County Drug Unit responded to 43 Victory Drive on June 29 in reference to a fourth amendment waiver search. Agents identified an individual, Brandon Smith, outside of the residence when they arrived. Smith had previously waived his fourth amendment rights as a result of bond conditions when he was released from jail on previous charges.
A search was conducted of the property, and Smith was found to be in possession of suspected methamphetamine, imitation methamphetamine, suspected heroin, alprazolam tablets, suspected marijuana seeds, marijuana plants, and other drug-related objects. He was also found to be in possession of firearms.
As a result of the incident, Smith was charged with trafficking in methamphetamine, manufacturing marijuana, possession of heroin, two counts of possession of a controlled substance, unlawful manufacture of an imitation drug, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, and possession of drug-related objects.
- Officers charge Andre Larron Benjamin with murder in shooting death of Joshua Lashawn Brown
- Christopher Jones convicted on two counts of murder
- CCSO, DPD release statement regarding Harris arrest
- GBI investigating sheriff's deputies' use of force in Harris arrest
- Drug unit rounds up suspects on various charges