State Route 32 reopened Monday, July 19, as traffic was shifted to the newly-constructed bridge at Seventeen Mile River east of Douglas.
Georgia Department of Transportation personnel worked with the contractor to get the new bridge ready for traffic. This remains a work zone. Motorists are reminded to follow the posted speed limit and watch for workers and equipment. Some work remains to be done at the new bridge and the contractor will begin demolishing the adjacent detour bridge that was utilized during construction. It closed July 13 for evaluation.
The new bridge replaces the previous one that was built in 1955.
Latest from Staff Reports
- DA drops charges against defendant in Vann Brown death case
- SGSC soccer makes history, wins first conference championship
- Vamshi Reddy one of seven candidates for Oregon U.S. Attorney position
- Larue Sheffield trial begins this week, jury selection underway
- Combat Night fills two titles, local fighters 2-2 in their bouts